Gorey Youth Training Initiative (GYTI) is a Community based training initiative funded by WWETB. It is now in its ninth year and we continue to grow and develop with increasing numbers of students progressing into employment and further studies. We offer real life experience through our work experience module and our close working ties to sport & business in the community. We currently have two QQI courses on offer, one in Community Coaching and Conditioning and one in Essential Computer skills.
The following is a list of entry requirements for the course:
- In receipt of a social welfare payment
- Aged between 17-35yrs (although over 35s will be considered)
- Have a reasonable level of written and verbal communication skills
- Be willing to be part of a team
- Have an interest in the subject area
- Be committed to a 38 week full-time course
- A desire to progress to further education or enter employment
- This course is open to all ethnic and social backgrounds.
The courses contain a mix of practical and theory based subjects and are designed to help students develop an understanding of the respective industry sectors (Leisure & Computer). Students will be supported by dedicated and experienced tutors and the centre provides:
- Literacy assistance
- Numeracy assistance
- IT Support
- Careers Guidance
- Mental Health Awareness programme (Grow)
- Drug & Alcohol Awareness programme
Expression of interest forms are available by clicking on the links below and then clicking the submit button to send the form.
They should be sent to GYNG no later than the 17th September 2018:
For more details on each course click the respective links below: